Facebook requires the following to match voter files:
1) You must have a Facebook Business Manager account.
2) Within Business Manager you must either create or claim the Facebook ad account for the client or organization for which you are placing advertisements.
The Facebook voter match will FAIL:
- If you have not created a Facebook Business Manager account.
- If you requested access to an ad account, instead of "owning" it by creating the account or claiming it within Business Manager.
- If you have not assigned yourself the role of Ad Account Admin within Business Manager
To create the Business Manager account, login to you Facebook account and enter business.facebook.com in the URL and follow the instructions.
Here’s how it works:
- On the left, below “Open Your Free Account Here”, enter your Client’s Facebook Page Name and select your list vendor, then you will be able to specify what list you’d like matched.
We format and upload your list for FREE. And unlike a traditional voter list for sending mail or making phone calls, there is also NO CHARGE from any of our list vendors to obtain the list.
- Next you will register your new account where you’ll give us a contact name, email and a credit card number to cover your usage charges. (If the list match is for your own internal use, please enter your company or campaign name. If you are an agency placing orders on behalf of clients, then set-up the account under the agency name.)
- Then authorize Facebook to let us upload and track the matched list.
- From the time we receive your list from your list provider, it usually takes about a day before you’ll see it show up in your Facebook Ad Manager.
- Only when you use the matched list for Facebook advertising do you pay a nominal $2 per thousand based only on ads served. Use it as often or as seldom as you like.